Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm not so good at this updating business







My ultrasound was fine, Sadie was not cooperative and she covered her face with her little hand when they tried to take a picture, so unfortunately I have no photos to share, but the good news is they saw what they needed to see on ultrasound, so the placenta and the umbilical cord are just as they should be. The only ongoing issue at this point is the Gestational Diabetes, which I am not officially diagnosed with at this point, but not officially cleared of either.

The results of my week of 4x a day finger sticks was good enough to reduce the number of finger sticks per day, but not good enough to stop altogether. I am now doing 2 finger sticks a day will report my results tomorrow. I have met with a nutritionist so I know what kind of diet they want me to follow if I am diagnosed, but since I am not, I have a hard time finding the motivation to alter my eating habits. I would like to say that I expect to be able to update the status of the situation soon, but after waiting all week for a phone call that never came, I am not getting my hopes up this time around. I take solace in knowing that my numbers are low enough that they do not justify further monitoring at this point and that the baby is healthy, now if I could just quit having to stab my little fingers things would be much better.

Other than that, the 3rd trimester is what I expected it to be so far, sore ribs, trouble breathing since the baby is now infringing on the space my lungs need, and a heck of a time trying to get comfortable. I put my hair in a bun yesterday and Jason was kind enough to comment that he thought I looked like a ballerina, which was sweet...then he added "from the neck up!" We laughed at the thought of me...the awkward ballerina so I thought I would share a picture of how I am feeling at this point:
Here's me at 29 weeks:
I can't figure out how to put the picture at the bottom of the post, so it is at the top.
-Melissa

2 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

The gestational diabetes thing SUCKS! Been there done that and will probably be doing the same this time around also. When I saw the nutrionist and followed their diet my sugar levels were through the ROOF, but when I just ate what I normally ate without having dessert or anything extra like that my sugar levels were fine...so I don't put my stock in the nutrionists way to do things! I tried to call you the other day and left a message but I haven't heard from you yet...where ya been?! :)

THE JACKSONS said...

LOL! I hardly believe you look like a hippo! You and Jason are so funny! I'm sorry that you have to stab your finger so often...that stinks! I am so happy that you updated your blog, I was starting to wonder how things were going!