Monday, July 28, 2008

July Summary and August Planning

I am posting this time mainly to add pictures, but since I only seem to update once a week or so here is what you have missed since the last post:
-I picked Kristin up from the airport all by myself! She flew into Dulles about 3 pm on a Friday (which is SERIOUS RUSH HOUR here) It was a little intimidating and took 2 hours to get home, but I was pretty happy I handled it and the experience came in handy this past week (will explain below)
-We spent the following Saturday at the beach, We don't have beautiful white sand beaches here, just rocky mucky sand but still a good way to cool off. I managed to get a tan on my legs that looked kinda like tan knee socks since I was wearing capris. It looked kinda silly, but it didn't take long to correct since we went to the Chesapeake Beach water park the following weekend. It's a little scary to be putting on a swimsuit at this point in my pregnancy, but it is just too stinkin' hot not to jump in the water when the opportunity comes along.
-Kristin is participating in a summer reading program at the library for some extra practice this summer. Jenna loves it because they have computers that are about 1 1/2 feet off the floor and are toddler friendly, she plays the computer with mommy while Kristin practices her reading and they both have a great time. I have to admit I am ready for school to start up again!
-I did my school shopping for Kristin's school supplies last week so she is all stocked up and ready to go. She picked out a new lunch box and seems excited to break into her new supplies so I think the transition will not be too difficult. We bought school shoes last week and I need to go on one more shopping trip for some jeans, but other than that she is well stocked and ready for the new year.
-I was in charge of sharing time yesterday in junior primary and we learned about being "fishers of men" and that we can be missionaries now by being good examples, I think it went well, but when I asked Kristin what she thought she got a blank look on her face...It made me laugh...I guess I kept them occupied, but they didn't retain much. I'm just glad it is over.
-Last week we went on a family vacation, I will do a separate post about that...
-On the agenda for August is 2 weeks of swim lessons for Jenna with a girl in our ward who is going to teach a 2 year old swim class in her backyard pool. She will be taking the class with a few of her buddies in nursery, so that should be fun for her. -A few of us nursery mommies are in the talks of starting up a mommy and me style joy school in the fall. We are all intimidated by the idea of 5 two year olds on our own, but thought the kids would enjoy a little class.
-School starts up again on August 20 for Kristin.
-My next doctor appointment is August 12th, my 20 week ultrasound should get scheduled at that appointment so I am a little anxious for it.
-Happy Birthday to Uncle Jared on August 5th!!
-Jason and I will celebrate our 5th anniversary this year on the 21st. We haven't really decided what we want to do to celebrate yet, we are just happy to have made it this far. :)

No comments: