Monday, February 11, 2008

Time for an update

It seems our family is going through a bit of a dramatic patch lately...
Kristin and Jason have both been sick, and now it seems Jenna and I have caught it, too. Jason called me this morning soon after he left to work to let me know he was in a car accident. He is fine, but his car is most likely totaled. We just put $700 in repairs to that car less than a month ago and were told it was in great shape and we would be able to drive it for many more years. So much for that. I'm just glad everyone was okay. We still don't have an update on the house we put an offer in on (a month ago today to be exact). We are expecting news one way or another this week. We celebrated Kristin's birthday last weekend so I will get some pictures up soon. Despite our recent trials, we are happy and healthy and aware that we are blessed.

I am still working my way through my epidemiology class and one of our assignments is to watch the movie "Outbreak" and write a paper on disease progression/intervention. I found out about this assignment in January and did a little research. This movie is rated "R" and is not based on a book. The movie editing companies recently went out of business so I couldn't get ahold of an edited copy. There is a new fangled DVD player that I could buy, that you can play unedited movies on and download the movie edit so when the movie plays, it plays edited, but it is pricey. I was getting worried about how I was going to get this assignment done without going to great expense and without compromising my standards. To make a long story short, the movie came on TV yesterday morning and I was able to record it on the DVR. I don't count it as a coincidence that this movie aired edited the very week that my assignment is due.

I hope all our family and friends are doing well!

1 comment:

Terra said...

I had to show that movie to a Bio class I was subbing in. It gave me the creeps the way the virus spread so fast.