Friday, October 3, 2008

I spy with my little eye...something green!









There is a bug in this picture. Can you see him? This was taken in the flower bed in our front yard. For the record, this is one of the biggest bugs I have ever seen in real life that wasn't pinned to a board in a museum. He scared the crap outta me when I attempted to pull some weeds and saw him stroll by near my hand. I'm not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but he was carrying a cricket in his left paw. This quickly ended my gardening days...I think I'll wait until spring to try again.
-Melissa

3 comments:

Jacob and Mindy T. said...

Is that a praying mantis? Holy crud! That is one big sucker!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that is a praying mantis. They are supposed to be good for the garden. Be glad he is hanging out in your yard.

Amanda said...

Remember when we used to see them in the backyard? They were hanging all over the cypress trees!